Why deploying Office 365 and Other Cloud Services Globally Could Spark an End-User Revolt

As Microsoft shifts its popular Office suite to the cloud, why would you hesitate to switch? If you’re a global enterprise, the most compelling reason is that your users may well revolt.

IT is embracing the cloud like never before. Why? Because the value is easy to quantify, and the ROI is compelling.

As more businesses shift to the cloud, major cloud providers are tripping over each other to try to woo customers through lower prices, more features, and even easier-to-use UIs.

Companies that delivered all of this from the get-go, such as Salesforce.com and Netflix, deserve their billions.

With those examples in mind, as Microsoft shifts its popular Office suite to the cloud, why would you hesitate to switch?

If you’re a global enterprise, the most compelling reason is that your users may well revolt.

Before I explain why, let me back up. Each week, I interact with CIOs, VPs of IT, Network Managers, and Infrastructure Architects, discussing the design of their WANs. These WANs are either evolving from traditional hub-and-spoke MPLS plus WAN optimization appliances or from an all IP VPN, loosely collaborative WAN.

There is one common theme across both these situations and that’s the integration of cloud services. Our prospects and customers are all using the cloud to some extent, and their usage is growing faster than most enterprises believe, since so much cloud adoption happens outside of IT’s control (or even knowledge).

From using small SaaS providers to moving their entire data center infrastructure to a private cloud, we at Aryaka, however, see it all.

Read the Full Blog Post

Aryaka’s Networks for the New Enterprise integrates the benefits of WAN optimization, application delivery and cloud access with reliable, secure and dedicated connectivity into a single intelligent network, eliminating the need for hardware and dedicated links that take months to provision – providing an optimized enterprise grade network that is setup and ready to go in minutes.