Because employees at every location must have secure, reliable and flexible access to the applications now residing in the cloud, enterprises also need network connectivity with the cloud. Yet because all networks are not created equal, a cloud solution is only as good as the network that supports it.
IT executives want a network that can adapt to the unique requirements of the individual enterprise and offer:
- burstable scalability for each enterprise location, with no need to pay for idle capacity
- rapid provisioning - in hours and days, rather than weeks and months - of new connections and fast turn-up of new services
- transparent support for all network-access technologies that exist across the entire enterprise, thus allowing the enterprise to leverage its existing hardware and software investments
- geographic reach from any enterprise location to any desired end point in the world
- reliable, secure transport of data between all enterprise locations and the cloud
- all these capabilities for a price that does not constrain their CapEx and OpEx budgets
By engaging with a network provider such as GTT, which has built a multi-layer network, with a Layer-2 Ethernet-over-MPLS architecture and a Layer-3 IP architecture, IT executives can satisfy all their requirements.
Read the White Paper