Combination of ScienceLogic’s Hybrid IT Monitoring Platform and Equinix’s Cloud Exchange Provides Choice, Security and Control for Hybrid Cloud Deployments
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and RESTON, Va. — February 26, 2015 — Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, together with ScienceLogic, a leader in hybrid IT infrastructure monitoring, today announced a collaboration to simplify and ease enterprise migration to the cloud. As part of this agreement, ScienceLogic has deployed its monitoring services globally within Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers. By offering ScienceLogic’s solution together with the Equinix Cloud Exchange, enterprise customers not only have their choice of cloud providers, but they also gain security, visibility and control over how they migrate and manage enterprise applications and workloads in the public cloud.
Enterprise customers who are able to quickly migrate workloads to the cloud achieve agility, self-service and cost reduction benefits much earlier. Many companies struggle, however, with concerns around which workloads to migrate and the potential loss of management visibility. ScienceLogic addresses this issue for Cloud Exchange customers, with advanced discovery tools for existing on-premise workloads, enabling them to be sized and assessed as candidates for cloud migration. The solution supports Equinix’s Cloud Exchange solution by validating the improved experience for customers through a single pane of glass that gives visibility into the entire IT infrastructure – whether on-premise or in the cloud.
Highlights / Key Facts
- By gaining access to multiple cloud providers via the Equinix Cloud Exchange and leveraging ScienceLogic’s integrated monitoring solution, enterprises can achieve improved performance, security, management and cost-control of their entire IT infrastructure, regardless of where it resides.
- The combined solution enables Equinix’s managed service provider (MSP) partners to better capitalize on the public cloud opportunity. MSPs who currently offer Equinix services can now offer new services to assist in the initial migration and ongoing management. This helps their enterprise customers move to the cloud sooner, without incurring undue risk, and helps them manage hybrid IT infrastructures on a continuing basis, post-migration.
- The ScienceLogic solution will be available on Equinix Cloud Exchange in the Washington, D.C., market with future expansion planned to additional markets, worldwide, including Asia Pacific in 2015.
- ScienceLogic recently expanded its European presence by deploying in Equinix’s Frankfurt, Germany IBX, enabling enterprises to connect to providers such as AWS, T-Systems, and others in the Equinix cloud ecosystem.
- Chris Sharp, vice president of cloud innovation, Equinix: “Our goal at Equinix is to help enterprise customers realize the full benefits of the cloud – without worrying about application latency or cost issues. ScienceLogic’s service provides Equinix enterprise customers with another valuable tool to facilitate their migration to the cloud. Combined with our Cloud Exchange solution, with its direct access to multiple cloud and network service providers, enterprise customers now have one location where they can connect to all of the services, providers and solutions for their cloud and IT needs.”
- Dave Link, CEO, ScienceLogic: “The hybrid cloud market is estimated at over $20 billion and growing, as Fortune 5000 organizations and large MSPs migrate and take advantage of the cost savings and efficiencies of the public cloud. We are partnering with Equinix to help accelerate cloud migration among enterprise customers and to support the Equinix MSP community as they assist in that migration.”
- John Landy, CTO, Datapipe: "As a Global MSP Partner of Equinix and a leader in Managed Hybrid IT Solutions for the Enterprise, Datapipe leverages ScienceLogic's monitoring software to ensure the visibility, control and management of enterprise class workloads and applications deployed across multiple cloud environments."
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
ScienceLogic delivers the next generation IT monitoring platform for the network of everything. Over 20,000 global Service Providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic every day to significantly enhance their IT operations. With complete Hybrid IT monitoring, total Amazon Web Services (AWS) visibility, and over 1,000 dynamic management Apps included in the platform, our customers are able to intelligently maximize efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. We deliver the scale, security, automation, and resiliency necessary to simplify the ever-expanding task of managing IT resources, services, and applications that are in constant motion. www.sciencelogic.com